Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Added Values

This noon, right after lunch as I was playing with my blackberry I went to check my facebook pages. 
(call me old fashioned but I do still counting on facebook to acknowledge someone birthday, and to congratulates them on their day. just to stay and keep in touch with them) 

So then, as I open my homepage I stumbled upon an updates from a teacher of mine which I used to called her 'Bu Yus' she was my teacher since kindergarden if I could remembered it correctly. anyway her updates shows that she was going to retirement and she post this note at her page :

Sebentar lagi                                                                        Soon
Sebentar lagi Langkahku di tempat ini kan terhenti                   I will be stopped and leave this place
Lima puluh lima kian mendekati                                              55 are closing in
Batas waktuku tuk mengabdi                                                  the limitation of my devotion
Membantu pribadi-pribadi mungil                                            to assist these little personalities
Agar mampu berdiri sendiri                                                    to be able to stand on their feet
Mampu menata diri                                                               to organized themselves
Menatap masa depan dengan lebih pasti                                 to face future in a firmer step

Inginku melihat mereka besar                                               I've wished to watch them grow
Berlomba mencapai impian yang mereka kejar                       Racing with life to catch their dreams 
Dengan wajah dan tubuh bugar                                             With their fresh faces and healthy body
Mampu menghadapi hidup dengan tegar                                To faced life with head held up high
Yang merupakan hasil mereka belajar                                    Because of the knowledge that they have learned

Meski itu hanya harapan besar di hati                                     Although I can only hoped it in my heart
Keputusan tetap di tangan mereka sendiri                               The decision will always be on their own hand
Arahan yang sudah pernah kuberi                                          Directions that I have shared
Hanya sedikit dari apa yang kan mereka lalui                          Were just a few, from what their gonna up against
....                                                                                      ....

as I mentioned earlier before, Bu Yus was my teacher since I was still 5 y.o. and since I went to the same school all the way up to High School. I could say that I grew up through her guidance and I'm pretty sure that I'm not the only one who knew and thank the lady for her guidance.

Tonight at the class, we were discussing about Values, what is values actually... values are the margin that customer gained from the gap between the benefit of a product they earned minus the cost that they have to pay for that product. there are two kind of benefit or cost. the tangible (seen) and the un tangible (unseen) kinds of benefit and cost.

each products for customer have a Customer lifetime values, these are the values that customer have as long as they are still a customers. These are one of the concern when it comes to productions, as we can see, most of china products are products that have a shorter lifetime values compare to let say things from japan or germany. But, we have to remembered that this customer lifetime values have limitation, the final limitation of it was death itself.

now, how about the customer after lifetime values?
correct me if I'm wrong, but is there any religions that doesn't embraced the concept of live after death? none that I can recall of.

Now, let just say a mobile phone. it's customer lifetime values will ended when the mobile phone were damaged or being changed into another item. it's customer after lifetime values will be acknowledge from the usage of that mobile phone. do we used it for productive actions? if it's productive let just assumed that it will  be added on our after lifetime values.

Let just say that using a styrofoam was not a good idea. especially if we acknowledge it effects on our body and how it can't be decay by nature in a short periods of time. It just like we used things only for our own without thinking  about it impact to our children or grandchild in the future. can you rest peacefully when you know your loved ones were actually being left behind with a damaged nature?

or let say, your a product owner. and your product were actually a modified product designed to harvest maximum benefit from other people. although the money might sounds interesting but can you assured yourself that those wealthiness will be enough to pay you up to skip from hell?

now, how about ourselves...

did you know your values?

if your careers were one of your lifetime values, how about your after lifetime values? have you started investing on your after lifetime values? if yes, keep up the good work and if you haven't done it yet... well then, we're facing the same problems here my friend. :)


"The most beloved of people according to Allah is he who brings most benefit, and the most beloved of deeds according to Allah the Mighty, the Magnificent, is that you bring happiness to a fellow Muslim, or relieve him of distress, or pay off his debt or stave away hunger from him. It is more beloved to me that I walk with my brother Muslim in his time of need than I stay secluded in the mosque for a month. Whoever holds back his anger, Allah will cover his faults and whoever suppresses his fury while being able to execute it, Allah will fill his heart with satisfaction on the Day of Standing. Whoever walks with his brother Muslim in need until he establishes that for him, Allah will establish his feet firmly on the day when all feet shall slip. Indeed, bad character ruins deeds just as vinegar ruins honey." [Tabarani, Hasan]


0 comments:

Post a Comment